Calling all writers; young or old, inspired and aspiring, published or pure: Do you fancy winning a hundred quid?
Famous Seamus are running a short story competition with just such a prize for the winner (two runners-up will be featured on the website).
The theme is the subversive, the occult, the fetishistic and the downright strange; so plenty for you lovely little loonies to work with there.
Your story should be no longer than 3000 words (and there’s no need to worry too much about things like formatting and spacing as long as we can read it and it’s brilliant).
Our competitions are always free to enter. All you need to do is submit your story to us at email@example.com with the
subject ‘FS Short Story Competition’. Stories should be attached as word documents. The closing date for entries is 31st March 2017.
Now go, find out who your muse is cheating on you with, drag him or her home…and get writing.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all, regardless of gender, age, orientation, race or religion.
- All entries must be original and unpublished.
- Writers may submit one entry only.
- The winner and runners-up will be notified by email by 30th April 2017, but competition updates will also be posted to our website and on our Facebook page.
- Please include your contact details in the body of the email with your submission.
- Your entry must be submitted by the end of the day on the 31st March 2017. We cannot accept entries after this date.
- By submitting, entrants grant Famous Seamus the right to publish and reproduce the work either online, in anthologies or on any other format.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence entered into.
- Employees of Famous Seamus are excluded from participating in the competition.
- We may from time to time inform you of new books and special offers we think will be of interest to you.
- Famous Seamus may change the rules of this competition at any stage without notice.